Eclectic Series: DANCES, DREAMS, AND LEGENDS / Antonio Jobim, Kevin Seigfried, Dennis Báthory-Kitsz, Stephanie Ann Boyd, Isaac Albéniz, Aaron Larget-Caplan, Alan Hovhaness, J.S.Bach, Keigo Fujii / Aaron Larget-Caplan
October 6 at 7:00 pm
DANCES, DREAMS, AND LEGENDS
- Antonio Jobim (1927-1994), Arr. R. Dyens Felicidades (1958)
- Kevin Siegfried (b. 1969) Tracing a wheel on water* (2003)
- Dennis Báthory-Kitsz (b. 1949) Lullaby for Justin at 21 (2022) NY Premiere written for the New Lullaby Project*
- Stephanie Ann Boyd (b. 1990) Esperanza (2018) NY Premiere written for the New Lullaby Project*
- Isaac Albéniz (1860-1909) Granada
- Pascual Marquina (1873-1948) España Cañi (pasodoble)
- Aaron Larget-Caplan (b. 1978) slight nuance (2022) NY Premiere
- Alan Hovhaness (1911-2000) Mystic Flute, Op. 22 (1937)* NY Premiere
- J.S. Bach (1685-1750) Three Keyboard Preludes*
- Keigo Fujii (b. 1956) The Legend of Hagoromo (1992)
* Arranged by or written for Aaron Larget-Caplan
Guitarist and composer Aaron Larget-Caplan makes his highly anticipated Bargemusic return with Dances, Dreams, and Legends. The concert celebrates his recent albums and over 5-million streams, and explores a fusion of cultures, emotions, and legends through the guitar.
Featuring repertoire from Brazil, Spain, and the United States, contemporary lullabies composed specifically for Aaron’s groundbreaking New Lullaby Project, and a monumental solo piece delving into the captivating 13th-century Japanese myth: “The Legend of Hagoromo.” Compositions by Isaac Albéniz and J.S. Bach, Antonio Jobim, Kevin Siegfried, and Keigo Fujii. New York premieres of compositions by Alan Hovhaness, Stephanie Anne Boyd, Dennis Báthory-Kitsz, and Larget-Caplan.